Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ly- Na Pearl Face Cream


YAY!

I am so excited! I got the Ly Na Pearl Face cream today. I first heard of it while watching videos on youtube. I thought it sounded interesting, so I then did a lot of research up on it.

I of course heard the rumors of this product containing mercury, and I looked this up. I have concluded that it is safe, and there is nothing to worry about.

BUT

There are 3 different creams- 1. the original ly na cream in the pink and gold container, 2. the medicated one in a green container, and the 3. the tube ly na cream which says it is medicated.

The last 2 do contain traces of mercury, so DO NOT get those products.

The last 2 say they are medicated because they have EXTRA sulfur, which helps in the reduction of breakouts. The pink one has sulfur in it to, so it will still aid in this area.

On a website, I read about a girl testing all 3 products and finding no mercury in the pink/gold container.

This is a Taiwanese product that contains pearl powder. Pearls have long been used in Asia by the the rich and royal, to keep skin free of blemish, fair, and beautiful. I don't want to bleach my skin, but this cream is said to get rid of the marks left behind after a breakout (which is wonderful). I am pretty sure though, if you don't be careful, your face will get lighter than the rest of your body. I don't think it should be used for extremely long periods of time because of this. It may be better to switch between products every few months if you don't want your face to be 10821084x lighter than your neck lol.

If you are naturally very pale, this should be fine I guess. Oh, and people say it smells bad, or like an old lady, but I think it smells more like a baby. It reminds me of baby powder. I like it :)

It is supposed to also tighten the pores, and overall keep your skin looking healthy and pretty.

I got this for 3.99 at my local Asian foods store- so it is very cheap.

I haven't used it yet, But I will update!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment