Monday, August 3, 2009

St. Ives Apricot Scrub


Okay,

I figured I might as well do some reviews because I've used many products already, so I'll share my thoughts on them! Remember, all reviews are based on my own opinion and how they personally work for me.

Anyway, I want to talk about one of my favorite products out there- St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It is very popular, so many people may have used it, but I am sure there are those who have not.

A scrub is an exfoliater that removes dead skins, so that your skin will be left looking radiant, and fresh.
This scrub is made with apricot. Apricots have many healing properties, and have been used for both medicinal and non-medicinal purposes for over 1000 years. According to wikipedia, "As early as the year 502, apricot seeds were used to treat tumors, and in the 17th century, apricot oil was used in England against tumors and ulcers." All in all, apricots are very detoxifying, and therefore excellent for your skin.

St . Ives apricot scrub is wonderful because there are a few types of this scrub- ensuring that there is a scrub for everyone. I personally love the scrub above because it is has salicylic acid in it, which helps in the control and aid of horribly annoying breakouts.

I have pretty sensitive skin- I am very prone to break outs, and I find that this scrub is safe enough to use everyday. However, if you have extremely sensitive skin, do not despair, St. Ives has a gentle formula scrub just for you. Along with this, there is a great scrub for aging skin called "renew and firm," and of course there is the original.

BEST OF ALL- IT IS HIGHLY AFFORDABLE!!!

At walmart, it is about $3 cdn. At shoppers drug mart it is double the price, but still reasonable.




No comments:

Post a Comment