Saturday, August 22, 2009

Olive oil- the miracle oil!


So, I am officially an olive oil addict. This stuff is the BEST! I don't only mean for cooking with (it is obviously fantastic- I love it with salad), but for your body- the outside of it.

I had a huge zit one day, and it wouldn't go away, so my grandmama<3 told me to put some olive oil on it, and when I woke up, it went down so much. I got another one, and did the same. Now I just put it all over my face, it smooths your skin. It is amazing! I also put it in my hair, to keep the ends from breaking. If you put to much, your hair WILL be greasy, so be careful.

I am sure most people are afraid of olive oil doing clogging pores. Maybe with the oil cleansing method it may do that Oil cleansing is better left to our dry skinned sisters. I use it differently, and so far it has been great. I just wash my face, use a toner, then put it on. If you have a particular pimple you want gone, just put some extra there. You don't need to scrub it into your skin.

Oh, another great thing is that olive oil helps get rid of marks and discoloration. It is hydrating, and ALL natural. You must use extra virgin olive oil because all the nutrients are still left, and therefore that type is the best for your skin.

I think the best thing is- it is cheap, and it is a multi purpose oil.
Try it out! If you don't like it, use the rest for cooking with :D

No comments:

Post a Comment